National Counsellors’ Day 2023 Online Conference
Saturday 24th June 2023, 9.30am – 4.30pm
Theme: Social and Political Issues in Counselling and Psychotherapy. Holding space for difficult but necessary conversations!
Tickets available NOW. Click the ‘buy now’ button above to grab yours!
Welcome to the 2023 National Counsellors’ Day Conference. Below you will find details about our fantastic presenters as well as the conference schedule. We are really exited about this years conference and think it looks set to be brilliant day. We will be talking about some of the most important issues facing our profession today, making space for conversations which need to be had and bringing people together from across our profession in a safe, supportive and enabling space. We do hope you can join us too!
If you have any questions about the conference then please do feel free to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet your 2023 Presenters
- Dr Elizabeth Cotton. Presentation: It’s the hope that kills you.
- The National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society (Headline Sponsor). Presentation: Politics and the Professional Body: a view into what the NCPS do for counselling & psychotherapy.
- Dr Dwight Turner. Presentation: The Journey Continues: Continued Conversations Around Race in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Rahil Virik from Gendered Intelligence. Presentation : A brief overview of working with Trans Non-Binary and Gender Exploring Clients.
- Mamood Ahmad. Presentation: Rebooting Counselling & Psychotherapy* Therapy with a Systemic, Inclusive, and Socially Conscious Heart.
- Lesley Dougan. Presentation: The Importance of Embedding Social and Political Issues within Counsellor Training.
- Rethink Mental Illness – Davinder Kaur. Presentation: Building communities that care.
- Erin Stevens. Presntation: Details coming soon.
- Mel Ciavucco. Presentation: Weight stigma and disordered eating: the hidden epidemic?
- Psychotherapy and Counselling Union (PCU). Presentation: Why Join a Union? From a political perspective.
Click here to visit our ‘2023 Presenters’ page where you will be able to read a text version of the above images which tell us more about each presentation/biographies, and view our schedule for the day. You can also click on the images above to enlarge and save/share.
** News ** – If you missed the June 2022 Conference (which was an outstanding success!) then you can watch it NOW! Scroll down, or use the ‘Buy previous conference recordings’ tab at the top of this page to purchase now.
National Counsellors’ Day Awards
Celebrating our profession and the people who work in it!
In 2020, as part of the National Counsellors’
Simple… we want to celebrate counsellors. We feel that it is important to celebrate the varied and wonderful work that we do and to recognise our achievements within the counselling profession, as many other mental health professions already do, at their own unique awards ceremonies. Celebrating counsellors matters because we are highly qualified and skilled professionals who work out of the public eye, making huge differences in peoples lives. We believe that counsellors are people who give their time to helping others, often holding up communities and failing statutory services, and without the recognition they so often deserve.
You can read more about the awards process, categories and make a nomination here (we are open for submissions from 1st February 2023).
Raising the profile of the profession
We hope that hosting a National Counsellors’ Day will help us to raise the profile of the counselling profession.
We hope you can join in and support us to make this happen. You can share our event on your social media accounts, with friends, family and colleagues.
National Counsellors’ Day is brought to you by Counsellors Together UK, the UK’s largest counselling campaign group, with over 8,200 members, whose main aim is to, ‘work together to end the culture and prevalence of unpaid work within our profession.’
Thank you for reading.
Let’s do this 🙂
For those of you who haven’t been able to attend previous conferences we have now released recordings of our 2020, 2021 and 2022 conferences. The 2020 and 2021 conferences are available to purchase for just £10 each, and the 2022 conference is just £19.99! Click on the images below to buy now.
2022 Conference theme: ‘The Therapeutic Future: Exploring the impact of SCoPEd, industrialisation, medicalisation, and regulation on the therapeutic landscape.’
2021 Conference theme: ‘Intersectionality, discrimination and social justice: a call for true equality in Counselling and Psychotherapy’.
2020 Conference theme: ‘Social and Political Issues in Counselling and Psychotherapy’.